WordPress Themes for Creatives | Introducing studiomenomosso
Introducing studiomenomosso | WordPress themes for Creatives
I have been designing and developing WordPress themes and websites for the last seven years, for personal photography blogs, my Birmingham based wedding photography and filmmaking business, as well as on a freelance basis as a bespoke service. Today I’m excited to announce that I’m going to begin making some of my WordPress themes for creatives available to buy on Etsy.
I’ve called my shop studiomenomosso after the music term ‘meno mosso’ meaning ‘with less haste’ or ‘at a slower speed’ as this reflects my process with design and development. I prefer to take the slow road and make sure that all the little details are exactly as I want them to be, rather than pump out themes, films, photos, and other projects that are half baked.
My WordPress themes are designed with creative work in mind and are developed from the ground up for individuals who want a clean, minimalist and beautiful platform to showcase their work. Whether you’re a photographer, filmmaker, designer, florist, artist, musician or lifestyle blogger, my themes can help you get your work out into the world, and also get to grips with WordPress as a publishing platform.
Alongside the WordPress theme files you will be emailed after purchasing a WordPress theme from me, I will provide you with a step by step setup guide for your new theme and WordPress website. This guide will help you customise and personalise your WordPress theme, and also give you advice on how to structure your posts so that your site performs well in search engines. Over the coming months I also intend to begin a series of blog posts all about SEO for creatives filled with tips and advice from my own experience both with WordPress and as a small business owner.
The first WordPress theme I’m making available is the one that I use on this site. It’s called ‘Legato’ and it’s a fully responsive WordPress theme for a photography blog, a lifestyle blog, and is also suitable for use by small creative businesses.
Legato WordPress theme features:
- Fully responsive design from phone to desktop.
- Streamlined, efficient code to keep your site running nice and fast.
- An optional, fully customisable widget area in the shape of a sidebar on the RHS of your blog post.
- Social media icons built in for Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Pinterest, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, SoundCloud and Goodreads. Use as many or as few as you like!
- Category driven ‘you may also like’ recommendation cards built in, and displayed at the bottom of each individual post to help encourage your visitors to spend more time on your blog or website.
- Responsive video embed support, no matter which platform you use to host your videos.
- An optional, fully customisable widget area in the shape of a footer at the bottom of your posts, perfect for displaying a full-width Instagram feed.
- The option to upload and use your own logo, or to display your brand, blog or business name at the top of your site alongside your WordPress ‘tagline’.
- Yoast ‘breadcrumbs’ support built in.
- A bespoke template for a thumbnail based monthly archive page, perfect for displaying a large back catalogue of posts.
- ‘Gutenberg’ ready. Gutenberg is the new WordPress editor, launched at the end of 2018. All of my themes are designed for and tested with Gutenberg to give you the best WYSIWYG experience in the editor.
- A detailed setup guide to help you get started with your new WordPress theme.